Success! You have shared your Yahoo! information

Monday, February 6, 2012

You're probably reading this because you received an email like this:

Hi [name],
You agreed to share your Yahoo! information with dzhang for contacts.
If you did not agree to share your information, stop sharing [link].

Regards,
Yahoo! Account Services

I'm just an individual with a domain name that happens to be the same as a string found in that email. While I'm not the one invading your address book, I can try pointing you in the right direction.

As much as I dislike Yahoo! Answers, it actually seems to have the correct explanation for this problem. It looks like Samsung is a culprit here, so if you want this to stop, don't access your Yahoo! account using a Samsung app and/or tell Samsung to fix their broken software.

Edit: Based on the comments here saying it's not Samsung-specific, I'm guessing it might be some third-party app that can be installed on these devices.

Edit2: Here is an official page from Yahoo regarding the issue.

Tags: dzhang, samsung, yahoo | Posted at 14:50 | Comments (14)

Comments

Amy on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 06:51

It is not only Samsung. I do not have a Samsung phone or apps and it is happening to me.

Nai on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 10:52

I have an LG, same issues, changed password after removing it from contacts, now my LG can't log into yahoo. So it is not Yahoo, since it shows up as yahoo on contacts, it's not the phone brand, since different brands are affected. By reason, it has to be the app on the cell phone.

Anne Barron on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 10:55

Hi there....I have a Samsung Admire with MetroPCS service. I recently added mail@metropcs that consolidates all my external emails into one place, I'm thinking that may be the problem. I'll try contacting Metro today to report the problem.

Good luck!! Take care.

P.S. LOVE the dog...German Shepherd mix? I have a 5 year old German Shepherd I'm so in love with.

ohms on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 15:30

I never had this problem till i ordered something from ebay. next day i got the email.

julie on Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 17:34

Thank you for posting this!!!

julie on Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 17:34

Forgot to mention that I have a motorola...

john h wilcox on Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 17:33

it seems to be from the mail@metro app.

Fernando on Friday, August 24, 2012 at 11:37

A week ago I bought a new Esteem phone, and whike getting aqcuainted with it , mistake I clicked the "I agree to share my yahoo information with dzhang", but little I know how annoying is this dzhang. Please help me to remove it from my phone and computer. Thanks.

Jason on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 07:12

This is happening after the app trys to get email contacts from yahoo. these are contacts not stored on your phone. With some phones you have to select "get contacts online" for this to happen. You are sharing your yahoo contacts with the app on your phone.

Maxine on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 09:13

I have recently up graded my phone to the Galaxy and when I indicated that I needed my emails to be sent to my phone via the built in APP, I started having this issue. I deleted my account and downloaded the actual yahoo APP and that seems to make the issue stop... Hope it works for you...

ruthie on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 04:00

I have a San Francisco 11 and it is happening to me too :-(

Dirk Deal on Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 15:28

Sick of wasting money on PPC advertising that just doesn't deliver? Now you can post your ad on 5000 ad sites and you only have to pay a single monthly fee. Get unlimited traffic forever!

For all the details, check out: http://www.permanent-web-links.xyz

Lindsay Johnson on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 10:49

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to contribute a guest post article to your website that may interest your readers.

It would be of high quality and free of cost. You can choose the topic of the article from the topic ideas that I'll send you in my next email once you approve this offer.

Please note that I will need you to give me a backlink within the guest post article.

Please let me know if I shall send over some amazing topic ideas?

Regards,

Lindsay Johnson

Kathleen Deloach on Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 17:35

YOU NEED HELP FOR SEO LINK BUILDING?

We offer you the BEST SEO STRATEGY for 2020, my name is Kathleen Deloach, and I'm a SEO Specialist.

I just checked out your website dzhang.com, and wanted to find out if you need help for SEO Link Building ?

Build unlimited number of Backlinks and increase Traffic to your websites which will lead to a higher number of customers and much more sales for you.

SEE FOR YOURSELF=> https://bit.ly/3dhrKtA