Success! You have shared your Yahoo! information

Monday, February 6, 2012

You're probably reading this because you received an email like this:

Hi [name],
You agreed to share your Yahoo! information with dzhang for contacts.
If you did not agree to share your information, stop sharing [link].

Regards,
Yahoo! Account Services

I'm just an individual with a domain name that happens to be the same as a string found in that email. While I'm not the one invading your address book, I can try pointing you in the right direction.

As much as I dislike Yahoo! Answers, it actually seems to have the correct explanation for this problem. It looks like Samsung is a culprit here, so if you want this to stop, don't access your Yahoo! account using a Samsung app and/or tell Samsung to fix their broken software.

Edit: Based on the comments here saying it's not Samsung-specific, I'm guessing it might be some third-party app that can be installed on these devices.

Edit2: Here is an official page from Yahoo regarding the issue.

Tags: dzhang, samsung, yahoo | Posted at 14:50 | Comments (15)

Comments

Amy on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 06:51

It is not only Samsung. I do not have a Samsung phone or apps and it is happening to me.

Nai on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 10:52

I have an LG, same issues, changed password after removing it from contacts, now my LG can't log into yahoo. So it is not Yahoo, since it shows up as yahoo on contacts, it's not the phone brand, since different brands are affected. By reason, it has to be the app on the cell phone.

Anne Barron on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 10:55

Hi there....I have a Samsung Admire with MetroPCS service. I recently added mail@metropcs that consolidates all my external emails into one place, I'm thinking that may be the problem. I'll try contacting Metro today to report the problem.

Good luck!! Take care.

P.S. LOVE the dog...German Shepherd mix? I have a 5 year old German Shepherd I'm so in love with.

ohms on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 15:30

I never had this problem till i ordered something from ebay. next day i got the email.

julie on Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 17:34

Thank you for posting this!!!

julie on Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 17:34

Forgot to mention that I have a motorola...

john h wilcox on Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 17:33

it seems to be from the mail@metro app.

Fernando on Friday, August 24, 2012 at 11:37

A week ago I bought a new Esteem phone, and whike getting aqcuainted with it , mistake I clicked the "I agree to share my yahoo information with dzhang", but little I know how annoying is this dzhang. Please help me to remove it from my phone and computer. Thanks.

Jason on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 07:12

This is happening after the app trys to get email contacts from yahoo. these are contacts not stored on your phone. With some phones you have to select "get contacts online" for this to happen. You are sharing your yahoo contacts with the app on your phone.

Maxine on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 09:13

I have recently up graded my phone to the Galaxy and when I indicated that I needed my emails to be sent to my phone via the built in APP, I started having this issue. I deleted my account and downloaded the actual yahoo APP and that seems to make the issue stop... Hope it works for you...

ruthie on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 04:00

I have a San Francisco 11 and it is happening to me too :-(

Michael Frederick on Monday, February 26, 2024 at 17:36

Here are the Business-Boosting Benefits of SEO

1: Brings Organic Search Traffic to your Website
2: Generates Leads Cost-Effectively
3: Increases Brand Awareness
4: Gets You Ahead of the Competition
5: Gets More Foot Falls in your Physical Store

Use our Monthly SEO Services for good results: https://digitalpromax.co/

Grant Lira on Tuesday, February 27, 2024 at 14:23

Hey,

This Feb I’ll get you on 3 podcasts/mo + 15 professionally edited short-form videos for social media (from the podcasts) + 3 features in online publications/mo - done for you.

We’ve helped 37 clients do just that to build their thought leadership in their specific industry which has helped them:

- Generate more appointments
- Close at a higher % (Because they built authority before the meeting even started)
- Charge higher amounts because people view their company as a premium option

Interested? We are raising our service by 30 % on Feb 29th, but if we chat before then, you’ll be locked in at the current amount. We can chat here:

Best,
Grant

PS - I will not see your response so if you have a question, book a time to chat (:

N6565 Shorewood Hills Rd. Lake Mills WI, 53551
Email unsubnow1@gmail.com with your website to “unsub” meaning you will not hear from me again.

Willson Pecker on Tuesday, February 27, 2024 at 18:49

(just a couple of days from now)

Working from home is becoming increasingly popular.

With your computer and a little training, you could make some bucks from the comfort of your home.

And you can speed up the arrival of your initial paycheck.

Click here if you are interested-> https://700561pdp8kzkw3kr5s-wl33xm.hop.clickbank.net

If you are one of those eager to start a different stage in their

lives and make more bucks while working in your spare time,

this job might suit you. With minimal effort and no prior experience,

you could gain the same day you apply.

Take advantage of this out - grab this and begin right away.

Confirm your interest by clicking the button below, and you can see that

the first payment will arrive in as little as a couple of days.

Regards,
Willson

To unsubscribe reply with the word unsubscribe in the subject line to fullwebsiteaudit@gmail.com

Donny Scheffler on Wednesday, February 28, 2024 at 07:26

Find out here: https://the-missed-call.com/calculator

Best regards,
Donny

116 Agnes Rd, Ste 200
Knoxville, TN 37919

To Opt Out reply go here: www./the-missed-call.com/opt-out
or reply UNSUBSCRIBE in subject line